Friday, May 8, 2009

Too Funny Not to Share

A few months ago I stumbled upon the most entertaining blog; I now frequent it on a daily basis for a good chuckle: http://cakewrecks.blogspot.com/

The name of the blog pretty much sums it up: Cake Wrecks. The website is dedicated to PROFESSIONAL bakers and their "wrecks." People around the country email the blogger pictures of horrific cakes that were either made for them or that are being displayed, many times at grocery stores, and then she just compiles the pics on her blog with humorous commentary. I will let some of the pictures speak for themselves.


This is the picture that baker was working with:

This is the outcome:




The next picture was put on display during Easter, so we are going to assume this was intended to be an Easter Bunny (haha):


It kinda looks like a Gremlin, minus the green color...

The next two were also Easter Bunnies:


Both are so depressing!

I'm sure all of you know what Sponge Bob should look like, this is definitely NOT him:

Possibly a distant cousin?

And finally, an attempt at a cute pregnancy cake gone VERY wrong:

Really, was the stomach line necessary??


I now cannot go into a grocery store without stopping by the bakery section in search of wreck material that I can email my new favorite website...


No comments: