Friday, October 30, 2009

Halloween Luncheon

Today our math department at my school was responsible for providing lunch for all of our staff. Being that it is the day before Halloween, we had a "Spooky/Halloween Theme." Carson also had a party at his school today, and we were in charge of making turkey sandwiches for it as well. For those of you who don't know, I'm not very domestic, but I do enjoy making food for events! I have spent the past few weeks browsing the internet to find entrees that fit our theme & am happy with the results!

Brian had to work last night, so I recruited my mom & Carson to help me make all the dishes. Here is Carson showing off his sticky hands after helping to stir one of the dips.


I am so glad I had them, because with the three of us its still took close to 3 hours to get everything finished and my preggo ankles were so swollen, I immediately went and soaked in the bathtub while my mom graciously cleaned the kitchen.

All the food turned out fantastic and was gobbled up at today's luncheon. I thought I would share a couple of the recipes with you, possibly for Thanksgiving or just so I can remember them next year.


Ingredients:
1 pkg. (2-layer size) yellow cake mix
1 can (15 oz.) pumpkin, divided
1/2 cup milk
1/3 cup oil
4 eggs
1-1/2 tsp. pumpkin pie spice, divided
1 pkg. (8 oz.) PHILADELPHIA Cream Cheese, softened
1 cup powdered sugar
1 tub (8 oz.) COOL WHIP Whipped Topping, thawed
1/4 cup caramel ice cream topping
1/4 cup chopped PLANTERS Pecans



HEAT oven to 350°F.
BEAT cake mix, 1 cup pumpkin, milk, oil, eggs and 1 tsp. spice in large bowl with mixer until well blended. Pour into 2 greased and floured 9-inch round pans.
BAKE 28 to 30 min. or until toothpick inserted in centers comes out clean. Cool in pans 10 min. Remove from pans to wire racks; cool completely.
BEAT cream cheese in medium bowl with mixer until creamy. Add sugar, remaining pumpkin and spice; mix well. Gently stir in COOL WHIP. Cut each cake layer horizontally in half with serrated knife; stack on serving plate, spreading cream cheese filling between layers. (Do not frost top layer.) Drizzle with caramel topping just before serving; top with nuts. Refrigerate leftovers.




This one was my VERY favorite & I will be making it again for Thanksgiving:

Ingredients:
1 pkg. (8 oz.) PHILADELPHIA Cream Cheese, softened
1 jar (7 oz.) JET-PUFFED Marshmallow Creme
1/2 cup canned pumpkin
1/4 tsp. ground cinnamon
1/4 tsp. ground nutmeg

MIX all ingredients until well blended; cover. Refrigerate several hours or until chilled.

Serve with cookies or fruit.

(*As you can see above I hollowed out a small pumpkin to put the dip into)



Pretty much just deviled eggs with green olives for eyes



Sandwiches cut with Halloween cookie cutters

Hope you have a fantastic Halloween & get lots of treats!

P.S. Are you impressed with my photo editing skills??? I heart Picnik!

No comments: