Sunday, November 1, 2009

6 Months Preggo

Deacon is almost a foot long (the length of an ear of corn) and weighs about 1.25 lbs. If born now, he would have a one in four chance of survival.
These past four weeks have flown by! Brian and I were just talking about how it feels like I have only been pregnant for 3 months, not 6! Deacon will be here before we know it!

I had such high hopes of getting a cute 6 month pregnancy picture in one of my fashionable maternity outfits, but with this being the end of Halloween weekend, I am pooped...so here you go - Me in my sweatpants, glasses, & ponytail: (hey, at least I'm still smiling)


As you can see, my belly has grown considerably this month! I can't imagine how big I will be around my due date... Last month was easy, breezy; this month has overall been fabulous, just with swollen legs, backache, and simple tasks leaving me out of breath.

How far along? 24 weeks
Weight gained:
16 lbs. (ugh)
Mood: Great, but tired!
Maternity clothes? About to start pulling out the winter threads
Sleep: I am sleeping well, but waking up every morning wishing I could just get an extra hour of sleep...
Energy Level: decreasing daily...I seriously get winded walking to the office and back at school
Best moments in the last month: ultrasound, Brian feeling the baby kick
Movement? daily, especially after eating. Deacon is also starting to react to loud noises
Cravings: umm, EVERYTHING!! Mexican food, cantaloupe, chicken fried steak, ham & swiss kolaches...need I go on??
Belly button in or out: in
Baby purchases this month: clothes, Carson picked out an adorable pair of shoes for him
What I miss: not having swollen legs and a sore back at the end of the day
What I am looking forward to: decorating the nursery, spending quality time with our "only child" until he becomes a big brother

No comments: