Monday, January 18, 2010

35 Week Ultrasound

I had my last ultrasound today, and as you can see from the picture above, Deacon is becoming a little smushed in his home. They took about 15 images for us, and this is the only one that even slightly resembles a baby. If you turn your head to the right he is facing forward.

I have been thinking these last few weeks that Deacon is going to be a big boy, just by how crammed and heavy he feels. My feelings were confirmed at today's ultrasound when the doctor told us that at 35 weeks, he is estimated to already weigh 6 lbs. 14 oz., putting him in the 90th percentile! I was only 5 lbs. 15 oz when I was born, so my son is outweighing me a month before his due date... She thinks he will be between 8-9 lbs. when born! I am nervous.

On a positive note, I lost a pound since my last visit! So while he is gaining, I am losing. :)

Doctor visits are now weekly from this point on.

No comments: