Saturday, November 6, 2010

Mario Invites

I am all about homemade birthday party invitations (last years), but this year I was at a loss of creative Mario themed invites for Carson's 5th birthday party. Luckily, Carson chose to be Mario for Halloween, so I decided to utilize pictures of him in costume and my favorite website, Picnik.

I started by uploading Carson's picture into my Shutterfly Studio for their collage. I like it better than Picnik for this feature because it lets you resize/arrange the photos within the collage and Picnik doesn't.

I then upload the completed collage into Picnik where you can choose the font and add words to your pictures. I only partially plagiarized the first part of the poem from the internet and then came up with the rest myself.

The best part is the price! Walgreens is running a special this week on their photos for 50% off with the codeword: TREAT (they usually have some great deal online). So, I purchased 50 prints for $4.75!!! AND they are ready in an hour for pick-up at the nearest store! By far the cheapest and easiest invitations I've ever made!!

No comments: