Wednesday, May 11, 2011

Registered!



Last night we signed Carson up at an elementary in the district where I teach. We are hoping he will be accepted into the Dual Language Program where he will learn in both English and Spanish and be fluent in both languages by the time he enters junior high. He was evaluated a couple of weeks ago, now we are just waiting for the school to finish testing the other applicants.

At the meeting we learned a few things that we need to work on over the summer, like shoe tying and learning our address, and also what he will be capable this time next year, the most amazing being the level of reading he will do!

I know I say this all the time, but where does the time go?? How is my little guy already about to enter school?? Why can't we freeze time and keep him this age forever?? I am thinking I need to start stocking up on kleenex now because I am going to need it come August!

No comments: