Friday, February 10, 2012

Carson's Valentines

I am obsessed with pinterest and have boards dedicated to crafts for each holiday. I am scared to recreate any of the gifts I have found out of fear that someone else will have seen it and will be making the same one (kind of like not wanting to show up to an event in the same outfit lol). So for now, I use them as inspiration for craftiness, but still do my own thing.

For Carson's Valentine party next week I decided to hit up my favorite dollar store: Dollar Tree and found these adorable bobble head robots. At $1 each, I spent less than $30 to get a candy robot for each kid in his class.
I wasn't a big fan of the nutrition label on the tube, so instead of trying to peel each one off, I used shipping labels (2 inch x 4 inch) and covered them up.

Next, using shutterfly studio and pinterest I created 4x6 cards to cut in half and attach with ribbon. I was torn between 2 different sayings and decided to go with the top one, but included the other one if you like it better. You should be able to click the image to make it larger, right click and choose "save as" to download on your computer, then just add your child's name. I had them printed at Walgreens for less than $5.

4 comments:

Hattie said...

Awesome job, those are too cute! I'm the same way about doing stuff off of Pinterest. We're doing the heart crayons and I'm waiting to see how many other kids give them!!! Ha!

Kerstie said...

Nice job!

Yvonne said...

Seriously adorable! You are so crafty!

Christmas Cookie Recipes said...

Goodd reading