Sunday, July 29, 2012

30th Birthday

Draw a six year old in that picture and you kind of have my life at the moment.

Okay, well maybe I am exaggerating a little...but between Deacon's therapy, swim lessons, grocery shopping, the never-ending battle of keeping our house clean, doctor appointments, changing schools (did I mention I got a new teaching job closer to home??), Deacon's first fundraiser, and a newborn, there has been little time for blogging, or catching up with friends. And when there are a few precious moments, I usually choose sleep! I can't think of the last time I was home alone.

So if you have noticed that the posts are fewer and farther between, that is why. I know I am preaching to the mommy choir here...


I turned 30 last month.

whoopee.

hah!

You would think living the typical suburban housewife role with three kids, a husband, and even a minivan that I would feel my age, but I don't. Maybe like 25 or so, not 30. I used to think 30 was old...I still think 1990 was 10 years ago.

On the upside, my friend of 20 years (how do I have friendships this old!?!), Brandi, also turned 30, so at least I am not alone!

She lives near Kansas City and is pregnant with a little girl. No, I'm not bitter...lol


She came in town last month, so we decided to celebrate our birthday together by having a dinner with friends.


We had a lot of fun, the food was great, and cake turned out cute too.
I was able to catch a sweet photo of the two people who brought me into the world three decades ago.
What's nice about Brandi and I is that we not only attended junior high and high school together, but we were also college roommates, so most of the guests that came are friends with both of us. This is Tracey, our college suitemate.
And her mom and little sister:
Ashley and Brandon:
Mrs. Burkhardt and Mrs. Mille:
The Mille Family:
Spencer was so stinkin' adorable in his sombrero:
Jenny and Jeff:
Lindsey (who I have also know for 20 years) and John:
Jill (she is preggo too!) and Johnny:
Jenny, Melissa (the best guest ever), and me:
Representing our high school class of 2000:
As much as I feel like I neglect my friends, they never fail to amaze me on showing up to hang out. And it never feels like any time has passed as we catch up on all the latest gossip. It is crazy how the topics have evolved from friends and boyfriends, to husbands and kids.


If I am going to be getting old, at least I have some fabulous friends to join me!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

What a fun night! It was so nice to see everyone and celebrate y'all turning the big 3-0. And you're so right about feeling as if 1990 was just 10 years ago...